Harold and Susan Vordos

"Sunworshipper" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:48:29 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

jtaylor writes:

A local place has these on sale; I could easily mount it on the

grinder.

I've wanted to try that with my MK-101 wet tile cutter. I think side-

smooth cut on the hardest stone, so I would think the carbide is a
possibility.

I have one of those MK saws sure beats lugging in a heavy wet saw.
Not long ago I customized it to cut 16" tile , was just .5-.7" short.
It took awhile to figure out how to do it and at the same time bitchen
at the designer. Harold uses diamond , all I know is that I won't cut
steel with any of my blades. I find the oldest beat up one to
customize trowels (seems to be about the only thing that will go
through them) cause they go down hill fast when I go back to tile.

The fact that diamond dissolves into steel, destroying the diamond, is well
known, and published in literature from Norton. Research on the subject was
conducted back in the early 50's, as I recall. Running diamond on steel at
elevated temperature, such as high speed grinding, is death on diamonds.
You're smart to avoid doing so.

I had to laugh at myself the time I made a segmented blade out of one
with another ! Still have that one. Never did try sharpening metal
cutting tools with them cause even rebar screws them up around me.

And now you know why!

Harold