Sunworshipper

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:48:29 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

jtaylor writes:

A local place has these on sale; I could easily mount it on the grinder.

I've wanted to try that with my MK-101 wet tile cutter. I think side-
smooth cut on the hardest stone, so I would think the carbide is a
possibility.

I have one of those MK saws sure beats lugging in a heavy wet saw.
Not long ago I customized it to cut 16" tile , was just .5-.7" short.
It took awhile to figure out how to do it and at the same time bitchen
at the designer. Harold uses diamond , all I know is that I won't cut
steel with any of my blades. I find the oldest beat up one to
customize trowels (seems to be about the only thing that will go
through them) cause they go down hill fast when I go back to tile.

I had to laugh at myself the time I made a segmented blade out of one
with another ! Still have that one. Never did try sharpening metal
cutting tools with them cause even rebar screws them up around me.
Matter of fact the price at least doubles if I see metal sparks while
cutting concrete just to calm me down when I buy new ones. My
father-in-law thinks it's cool to cut steel with them and I just
cringe and shut up.