R. O'Brian

I have one if the Eagle Rock knurlers from about 6 years back. It was
basically unusable until I put it through my surface grinder. As received,
the joint surfaces were so rough that they locked up if the pivot bolt was
tightened enough to take up the slack. It works OK now, but if I had it to
do over again, I would spend more money and get one I didn't have to repair
out of the box. Perhaps the current version is better, but be prepared.

Randy

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
I'm not too happy with the no-name import scissors-type knurling tool I'm
currently using and am considering an Eagle Rock from Enco that is on sale
for $95:

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...&PARTPG=INLMPA

or here if you don't want to load Acrobat:

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...&PARTPG=INLMK3

Eagle Rock apparently sells two different types of these tools - the one
above and another that is a bit more expensive. Has anybody here used the
cheaper one that is on sale and is happy with the purchase? Are the

knurls
replaceable and if so, what is a good brand of knurl to buy?

Mike