zxcvbob

karla wrote:
I pounded in a copper 8 ft ground rod and purchased a clamp.Queston #1 What
size solid copper wire do I need to buy?(4 or 6)

Either is adequate, but there's not much difference in cost and the #4
requires no physical protection whereas the #6 might.

#2 Does the wire attach to the meter box or the sevice panel.(or both)? 200
amp ,new construction disconnect and main inside service panel. The service
panel and meter box are connected with grey pvc not emt.
thanks Gary

It attaches to whichever box contains the main disconnect for the
building. (Or is it the main overcurrent protection device? Usually
they are the same thing.)

Also, you should use 2 ground rods; it's cheaper and easier than testing
the impedence to make sure it is less than 25 ohms. A third ground rod
is not required even if the GEC impedence is still more than 25 ohms
after you add the 2nd electrode.

Don't forget to ground your water pipe within 6 feet of where it enters
the building, and put a #6 jumper wire around the water meter so the
circuit is not broken if the meter is removed.

Best regards,
Bob