Norminn

GFRfan wrote:
John wrote:

All:

I would like to get rid of a great deal of grass that is growing amongst
my shrubs and plants outdoors. Is there a product (chemical) that I can
use to kill the grass without damaging the greenery I wish to keep?

Please advise.

Thanks,

John

I use Roundup. If you need to get real close to the shrubs, I use a
rubber chem glove, and then take one of those fuzzy white work gloves,
soak it with the roundup, put it over the chem glove and rub it on the
weeds and grass you want to eliminate. Of course you can use cardboard
or plastic as a barrier so you don't get any on the shrubs. Then use
something like Preen or another preemergent in the area to stop further
growth.

If I have a tough weed in healthy grass or too close to plants to spray,
I use a cheap paint brush with Roundup. Great for really nasty,
stubborn stuff like asparagus vine and dandylions. ) Folks in Floria
like to plant invasive houseplants in the landscape so's they cover the
planet.