Mark

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:25:07 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:45:14 +0000, Mark wrote:

Is there any additive that would make an improvement or have I got to live with it?

You could try oil. Have you actually _checked_ the levels on the
gearbox oil ? Apologies if you already have, but you'd be a rarity
if you did so.

Molyslip wouldn't hurt and is easy enough to do. It'll help with tooth
wear, but does nothing if the ballraces have started to crumble.

I checked this and managed to get 150ml more oil in before the stuff
started dribbling out the filler hole. Not sufficiently low to cause a
problem I wouldn't imagine. The problem on this model is that there is
no drain plug so I can't easily replace the oil, only top it up. There
is the reverse gear detent plug that looks like it would drain the oil
once removed but I've been advised not to attempt this in case I lose
the spring and ball bearing in the gearbox.