Mark D. Zacharias

Of course the correct way is to use the method in the service manual.
Lacking that, the remaining good channel is often a usable guide - adjust
the bias for about the same voltage across the emitter resistors. Usually
about 5 to 15 millivolts across each emitter resistor. My old Luxman L430
had you remove a jumper or 2 and actually measure the idle current, but
measuring across those resistors implies the same thing, and doesn't load
the circuit. (Most any DMM on a low-current range will have a certain
resistance value which can kind of screw up the very measurements you're
trying to make)

Mark Z.

"Janne" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have change the output transistors on a Luxman L510 and I need to
set the idling current, anyone know how to do it?