Mike Marlow

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

It was a National code, NFPA. I can't find the numbers right now but our
local shopper paper used to print it right in the "for Sale" column for
stoves and heater. In any case, it is a dumb idea no matter where you

live.

Can't speak to what NFPA might say, because I don't have a copy of it. As
to whether it's a dumb idea or not, that's somewhat a matter of opinion. I
don't know what it's like around you, but around here it is very common to
find wood stoves in attached garages, in wood shops (both pro and home),
etc. As I replied to Robert, I have attended a good number of chimney fires
(the most common form of wood stove related fires) in the years when I was
an active fireman and never saw an insurance claim denied because of a
woodstove in an attached garage. Never saw a citation issued for an
"illegal" woodstove.
--

-Mike-