Andy Dingley

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:42:26 GMT, max wrote:

I will find a picture of a chair and will work from it as I don't think a
full set of plans are needed for this simple design.

Get the Bavaro and Mossman book.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/094193635X/codesmiths-20
Plans for the #369 armchair and lots of constructional details. It's a
_very_ good book.

There are few things as annoying as putting effort into a good repro,
then not getting a detail right, like the finishing or the timber.
You'll have a long time to stare at it afterwards.

I could countenance making some of the Craftsman styled pieces in
cherry, particularly things like mirror frames. But they really need a
darker timber, especially if you're using leather upholstery. Of
course you can make them pale, but they just don't look as good.

--
Smert' spamionam