mac davis

Default All bandsaw blades are not created equal..

Well, it took almost a week, but I managed to screw up my 1st bandsaw blade..

Made a stupid mistake and tried to cut something that wasn't quite flat-bottomed
without using a fence or jig.. jammed the work and tweaked the new Ridgid 1/2"
blade..

Went to 5 different places in the Fresno/Clovis area and found that almost
NOBODY stocks blades for a 14" (93 1/2"), and the ones that do think that 3/8"
is a massive blade..

Ended up for now with a 1/2" Vermont American from Lowes... (ordered 3 blades
online last night)

I know that the Ridgid that I bought wasn't a "top of the line" blade, but it
felt better, ran smoother and seemed to cut better than the V.A. blade..

Also, I had to use a sharpening stone on the weld, to keep it from tearing up
the saw... didn't need to do that with the Ridgid blade..

Of course, one blade does not a test make.. I could have bought either an
exceptional Ridgid blade or a very bad VA blade..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing