Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

prevent unbelted occupants from hitting the hard parts inside the
cars, the bags have to inflate rapidly with great force. This
causes small passengers to be injured or killed.

You'd better do some more research before drawing such conclusions.

You're
off base.

The original airbags did indeed kill a few kids because of their
design. Hence the requirement now that infants in rear-facing
car seats be placed in back seats.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the whole paragraph.
And while you're at it, look up the number of kids' lives saved, versus
those that were killed. Also, notice the solution that quickly became
apparent, and that you've identified above. That obviates your original
complaint.

This information is all available. There's no need to speculate about it.

--
Ed Huntress