Mike Reed

Leon wrote:
"Mike Reed" wrote in message
oups.com...

I think one of us is seriously misunderstanding what the other is
describing.

Yeah, I think I see the problem.

My experience in my first day with a nail gun was that when I fought
the recoil, sometimes I lost, and I'd get a double fire. Especially
inverted, one-armed, hanging out in some rafters, with a heavy framing
gun. The weight, fatigue, maintaining balance sitting on a 2x4, and the
recoil are sometimes too much, and I was getting double fires.

I found that once I got the feel for letting the gun recoil, it would
gracefully jump completely clear, and the nose would not contact again,
and I never got a double fire. I also discovered that this was less
work, and certainly less stress on the tool. Plus it made me a believer
in the product manual.

I agree that you won't get a double fire if you prevent the nose from
lifting, but in practice, I find it's easier to just let it bounce
back. I don't get double fires, and I don't fatigue as fast as I did
that first day.

To each his own, but I have the safty instructions on my side. Of
course, as I read this I think how much better I like my TS without
that stupid guard on it...

So is this at least understandable?

-Mike