Bob Eager

Default Rawl Bolt Questions

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:19:54 UTC, "Charles Middleton"
wrote:

If this is what I think it is Ive seen a few on the web and its exactly what
Im looking for. However, it looks as if you put onto the thread say your
bracket then you tighten a nut onto that to secure bracket against the wall
lets say. What I cant understand is what you do to actually expand the rawl
bolt once it is in the wall. How do you turn the thread to expand the bolt?

It's sort of 'backwards'. As you tighten the nut, it pulls the threaded
part forwards. The inner end of the threaded part is tapered (largest
part furthest in), so as it's tightened that comes forward and expands
the outer shell of the bolt...if you see what I mean.

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...