Martin H. Eastburn

Don Foreman wrote:

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:43:25 GMT, "Karl Vorwerk"
wrote:

I new there was a lot of heat loss through the glass but I didn't have any
idea how much.
I'll keep these two ideas in mind. I'm going to remount the fan on the hot
side and see what happens. I wonder if I could eventually mount the cold
side to the glass bottom of the tank and get enough heat transfer. The tank
needs high humidity.

That might work. You might want an aluminum spreader plate, maybe 6"
square and 1/4" thick, insulated from ambient air, with some heatsink
grease between the plate and the glass. The gradient in the bottom
glass would then be about 0.25 degF/watt. Might want some insulation
on the lower parts of the sides.

I wonder if you'd get a little fogbank or cloud near the bottom!

The inside of the outer wall of the double wall box is the hot side.
The outside of inner wall is the cold side. Between the two walls is
foam and in one spot the cooler. The outside will radiate to the world
easily enough the heat given off by the bottles and passed through
the only leakage path - that of the Peltier cooler.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer