Cynic

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:29:57 +0000, not available
wrote:

Quite, all stuff I learnt well over 30 years ago. So why do you say I
was only "partially" correct? Which part do you believe I got wrong?
A "ferrite rod aerial" describes the ferrite *and* the coil BTW.

You might also think about other things that are capable of
concentrating the received field.

OK point taken. It should be "only a partial answer"!

Quite deliberately so, I'm afraid. ;-)

I was clarifying the point that Ferrite aerials can not be compared
with dipole based ones with regard to size. Paul may find it
interesting that some small AM receivers work well with a Ferrite slab
aerial just a few inches long.

See my other post, & I'll reiterate in this one that I am not arguing
that the aerial is question actually works as advertised. Only that
there is no law of physics that would indicate that it is
*impossible*.

--
Cynic