James Sweet

"NSM" wrote in message
news:anROd.46223$tU6.20838@edtnps91...

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:KYBOd.24753$uc.4870@trnddc03...

In the kitchen? If the house has an electric stove, then yes there'll be
240v behind the stove, but nowhere else.

Are you unaware that in kichens now, all outlets are split 220? This is a
regulation. Try a voltmeter - measure hot to hot.
--

No I wasn't aware, but they're not in my house (built in '79) nor are they
in any other house in which I've done electrical work. Changes in regulation