Don't even take it apart. Take the tv into the authorized servicer for
diagnosis. Then with a detailed estimate of what failed in the tv set,
model, serial number, and a copy of you receipt, call Panasonic's
customer service line and explain how disappointed you are with the
poor quality of this tv set and that they should be the ones to pay for
the whole labor bill. This is assuming that it actually was a warranty
type of failure and not something external that happened to it, i.e cat
peeing down the vents, someone spraying windex on the picture tube and
it leaking down into the tv set through the front, etc.''

wrote:
The warranty for *parts* is one year, but for *labor* is 90 days.
I checked the date, it died after 100 days. (My previous TV died
after 4000 days, but it was bought before the days of super-advanced
electornics.)

Anyway, I never open any appliance before I
1) Disconect the power cord.
2) Wait several minutes.