Kent Frazier

Mike,
The difference between the two Eagle Rock knurling tools is the diameter the
tool can knurl.
The less expensive tool will do 0-2 1/8" (I have one of these) the more
expensive will do 2"- 4".
The knurls can be changed by pressing out a pin that acts as the axel for
the knurl, I have done it many times with a 3/16" pin punch and a bench
block.
If you use Armstrong knurls and this knurling tool any problems you have
won't be the fault of the tooling you are using.
I bought mine several years ago for the price of the larger tool and it has
been worth every cent.
Kent
"Mike Henry" wrote in message
I'm not too happy with the no-name import scissors-type knurling tool I'm
currently using and am considering an Eagle Rock from Enco that is on sale
for $95:

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...&PARTPG=INLMPA

or here if you don't want to load Acrobat:

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...9&PARTPG=INLMK
3

Eagle Rock apparently sells two different types of these tools - the one
above and another that is a bit more expensive. Has anybody here used the
cheaper one that is on sale and is happy with the purchase? Are the

knurls
replaceable and if so, what is a good brand of knurl to buy?

Mike