Chip C

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:46:21 -0500, "William Deans"

wrote:

Greetings,

AFCI's reduce the chances of you and your family burning alive in a

fire.

Now everyone goes to the extreme. Having about 3 smoke detectors per
person in my house, the likely hood of buring alive is minimal.
But..... the chances of being homeless after a fire is good, and even
having to repair/replace broken water/smoke damaged items and ripped
open walls is more likely in a fire.

[...]
even gfci's are vastly improved today compared to when they came out.
So, maybe waiting is better.....

later,

tom @
www.URLBee.com

At least GFCIs and AFCIs don't beep at you when you make toast.

Hmmm, I'm having an idea: let's put the mandatory wired smoke alarms on
the mandatory GFCI-protected circuits. When they sound a false alarm,
you spray them with your mandatory fire extinguisher, the circuit gets
soaked and the GFCI trips. Then it's quiet and you go back to bed!

Chip C