Dick

On 10 Feb 2005 07:15:05 -0800, "luv2cmwork"
wrote:

Never had a problem with the wax rings. Well..... no problems other
than "missing" the mounting point. Get the wax ring with the molded

in
plastic horn. Best design.

I agree, get the one with the plastic horn molded in. In my
experience, they tend to leak less.

Something I do, quite often, is buy a wax ring with the plastic horn
molded in and then I'll also pick up a plain wax ring (they are cheap).
In the rare instance, that the single ring is not enough, I have
doubled them up and made them work. This usually only happens on older
piping, where the closet flange does not exist or the flange is too
low, due to poor installation or added floor height (due to adding
tile, for example). Having an "extra" is a good idea anyway and it
sure beats having to run to the store, since they are so cheap.

Thanks for the input. I will buy the one with the plastic horn and
extra plain wax rings. I know at least one of our toilets needs two
wax rings since we put tile in the bathroom.

Dick