Pete C

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:39:20 GMT, Tony Raymonds
wrote:

I bought a conservatory from Baltic Pine:

http://www.balticpine.co.uk/

and have assembled it without too much trouble. The problem is that
they say to use a solvent based microporous paint but I couldn't source
it anywhere. I tried B&Q, Screwfix and Ridgeons without any luck :-(

Does anyone know why they say not to use water based paint e.g. acrylic
paint?

Hi,

If you have painted it already check to see if the paint is a decent
quality exterior paint. If not it almost certainly needs a coat of
something suitable to protect it from UV damage and weathering.

Sadolin do a range of wood stains which also come in opaque colours
including white. I think it's called 'Superdec' or something like
that.

In any case Baltic Pine and the likes of Sadolin etc have technical
support helplines who can help recommend the right product to use.

cheers,
Pete.