Mike

"Steve Jones" wrote in message
Hi,

I've been buying low energy bulbs from Wilkinsons for some time now.

I've become so suspicious of there life expectancy that I started to mark
the purchase date on the base of the bulb.

I've just has one fail after five months. If it was on for 24/7 this only
amounts to 3600 hours. The bulb was in the bathroom so I'd only expect it
to be on for 4 hours/day or less. So it's failed after about 600 hours.

Have you measured your voltage. Some brands didn't use to like anything
much above 240-ish volts but this problem seems to have gone away recently.