Default Need help with Panasonice 27' TV

In 10-30-2004 I bought a new 27' Panasonic TV, CT27SL14.
In 2-8-2005 the TV *died* in the middle of a program. No picture,
no sound, no light on controls, no nothing.

I called a close-by TV repair shop and asked for help.
They refused my business because by opening the TV they would
void the Panasonic warranty. But they were friendly and said
that by what I described they are pretty sure that just a fuse
blew up because the TV had no "burn" smell from it.

I called the "athorized" Panasonic service center that gave me
two options:
1) Bring the TV to them, pay $45, and wait three business
days to get an estimate on the price of repair.

2) Have a technician come to me 5 days from now, for the price of $75.
The technician will give me "on the spot" estimate. The only problem
is that they
give a 3 hours "window" when I have to be home. And the window is
between
10:00AM to 1:00PM, so I'll have to leave work and come back to work
later.

IMO Panasonic cheated me once, by selling me a lemon, and now wants
to cheat me twice, by over-charging for a simple fix. I consider
opening the TV and replacing the fuse myself, like I had done
to three old appliances in the past. I'd like to ask:

1) What is the probabilty that the local shop is right?
2) If it is right, can somebody who had opened such a TV in the past
give me some hints, e.g. tell me where the fuse(s) are located?

Thanks

Hillel

"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to
use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer
know how to use my telephone." --Bjarne Stronstrup