Leo Lichtman

"stanley baer" wrote: (clip) This results gear module of about 2.1(clip)
I have always specified gear teeth in therms of "pitch diameter," which is
apparently the reciprocal of gear module. Diametral pitch, as I know it, is
always a whole number, which allows a system in which all gears of the same
diametral pitch mesh properly. The reciprocals of most whole numbers are
not whole numbers. BUT, I have never dealt with metric specs--could you
fill me in? Since they specify thread pitches differently, I wouldn't be
surprised if they do it also with gear teeth. I'm hoping to learn something
here.