Hi,

I am looking to buy an inkjet printer, DVD recorder with hard disk,

and
home theater system. The problem is that I am living in Italy
(220V/50Hz) and may move to the U.S. (110V/60Hz) in the future. I
would the option to use these electronics in both countries.

I have the option of buying the products in the U.S., but would

prefer
to buy them here in Italy. (snip)

The short answer is: don't bother.
As others in the thread have pointed out, the dvd recorder will be
totally incompatible, the home theatre system would need its power
supply modifying as would the printer. That is, assuming you could
find anyone who'd be bothered to undertake that work. If you had to pay
a tech, the costs of doing it, and then transporting it thousands of
miles, would easily equal the cost of a new machine in the US.

Inkjet printers and home theatre systems can be easily found new and
used these days without spending much. Just get 'em when you return
home.

While in Italy, consider second hand stuff for now, look around. I'm
sure, for instance, university students will be selling off what they
can't take back to their home area or country. In the Uk and also here
in Spain, there is a chain called cash converters, selling used gear
with 1 year warrenty by law. Major supermarket chains have special
deals on that kind of stuff also.

good luck, Ben