John M

Barry,

I use the Cool Blocks on my Delta 14" and was curious if you "file" the back
of the blade as some have recommended especially when using the Cool Blocks.
I don't put the blocks right up to the blade but rather set them about the
thickness of a piece of paper away from the blocks.

And if you can fold a blade without getting cut up, you are a better man for
it.

Thanks.
John

"B a r r y" wrote in message
. com...
Grant wrote:
I'm just curious. What is the process you go through when you change
your 14" bandsaw blade (Delta, Jet, Grizzly, etc) ? And especially when
you go from one type/size to another. Also how long does it take you to
make the changes needed?
Thanks, Grant

On my Delta 14":

1.) Remove power

2.) Back off the guides

3.) Pull the table pin

4.) Drop the tension

5.) Open the doors and change the blade, rotating by hand to check
tracking after adding a touch of tension.

6.) Add tension until blade sings proper pitch

7.) Adjust the guides

8.) Replace the table pin

9.) Verify my 90 degree table stop

10.) Fire 'er up

11.) Make a quickie test cut and fine tune tension, etc...

I can usually do this in under 5 minutes, often along the lines of 3. It
probably took longer to write it. I use Cool Blocks running right against
the blade, so guide adjustment is a snap. After a few run throughs,
adjusting the rear guide becomes an eyeball affair.

Once my wheels were made coplanar, and the first heavy duty tune-up was
completed, blade changes are a snap.

If only I can get the hang of folding blades. G

Barry