Larry Jaques

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:09:24 GMT, the inscrutable Gunner
spake:

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:57:44 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Hey, I finished UC today at noon. WOW, what a book! How accurate
were Ross' writings about the gun laws? It 'felt' accurate but I
haven't studied them like you have.

Ross is 100% accurate.

the chapter towards the end, about the woman in the Florida trailer
park. Seemed fitting, no?

The lady the President acceded to Ray's "clients" as a personal thing?
I couldn't figure out who that was.

So did you have any fundamental changes in your thinking after reading
the book?

No, I made that leap a couple years ago when you nudged me into
reading more about it and finding the truth about guns. But the
book did clarify and strengthen feelings I already had about freedom.

DAMN, I wish it had made the top 10 list and stayed there for a couple
years. That's one hell of a book for a first-time author.

As I replaced the dust jacket, I took a closer look at the cover
picture. That was no plain and sultry woman the jackbooted thug was
kicking, that was Lady Justice herself! I hadn't noticed that when
I got the book, but it sure changes my perspective on the feeling the
artist was trying to convey. The book reviewer (obviously NOT a part
of the gun culture) entirely missed the point with this blurb:

From Publishers Weekly
"The dust jacket of this first novel nearly sums it up: a storm
trooper-like American federal agent holds an automatic weapon to the
throat of a semi-naked, buxom young woman as a giant copy of the
Constitution burns in the background."

Yeah, a few hundred sure beats a few tens or hundreds of thousands of
deaths, and I sure hope the next U.S. civil war is as bloodless. Let's
hope there's someone as tactically superb as Henry guiding it, eh?

-
They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it. -Confucius
---
http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming Services