Vaughn

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
In article .com,
"curly" wrote:

One thing regarding SS I've never heard mentioned lately (ever?). It
is one Govt. program among many. It's been operating at a surplus as
long as I can remember. It's expected to continue at a surplus for the
next 15-30 years depending on who's guessing.

Ponzi operated on a better surplus than SS

No; actually Ponzi operates on a debt.

SS seems like a program that a LOT of Americans do rely on, if its
really going to be a safety net I think its worth fixing instead of
junking. I'd like to keep it even if we have to put more into it.

If you think a Ponzi scheme is a safety net I have a bridge to sell you,

Social Security is, in fact, a safety net. It is not a retirement plan nor
is it a savings plan. It is just a system to ensure that your neighbor puts
aside enough so they can have the basics in their retirement, so *you* won't
have to be taxed to pay for their welfare when that time comes. The bottom line
is that there are few western countries where people are allowed to starve on
the streets. We all pay for this one way or another.

Vaughn

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/