Stormin Mormon

An old furnace can get as low as 50 or 60% efficient, plus having a heavier
fan to blow the air, so more electric. The new furnaces can be over 90%
efficient, and lighter fans.

Can't give you any specifics, but my boss and I put in one, the power
company bumped up his estimated ammount cause it was a cold year. He called
adn told them he had a new furnace, but they left the estimate. He had a
zero gas bill one month cause they estimated too far in advance.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Realize that this is a question that is probably impossible to answer with
any real accuracy, but was wondering if anyone would care to offer
any estimate, or guestimate, on it:

For a 25 year old typical three bedroom split level (in the Northeast) using
the original forced gas hot air system for heat, what % "might" be saved in
going
to a brand new ("top-of-the-line") furnace in ones heating bill ?

Thanks,
Bob