ChrisGW

William W. Plummer wrote:

xrongor wrote:

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message

Dick wrote:

In my quest to find why we use so much water for domestic needs, I
measured our shower head output this morning. It measured exactly
2-gallons in 1-minute. Seems high. What is the recommended flow rate
for water conservation?

The water conservation issue is a hoax. First, there is plenty of
water in the world. Second, more is being made every day as a result
of fossil fuel combustion. Third, using water in toilets and laundry
machines doesn't destroy it. Fourth, by putting water in your septic
system or sewer, you are returning it to nature. Evaporation, cloud
formation, precipitation, collection and use continue the cycle.

whether its a hoax or not, it still costs more to use more if they
meter your water. use less, save money. no science needed.

I typically use 10,000 gal per quarter at $3.00 per 1000 gal. $30 per
quarter. Conservation might cut this to $20 if I'm really lucky.

My guess is the fuel required to *heat* wasted hot water far outstrips
the cost of the water itself.

Wow! I pay $32.00 for 2 thousand gallons a month. If I go beyond that it goes
way up.

ChrisGW