G Mulcaster

Probably due to NIH Syndrome (Not Invented Here); as you're probably
aware, the Robertson screw was invented by a Canadian. You're right, the
Robertson *is* far superior. Here in the US, most home centers sell dual
head (Robertson/Phillips) screws, and Robertson drivers that will fit in a
power drill -- but I have *never* seen a Robertson screwdriver in any
store in the US. They must be fairly common in Canada, though, 'cause I
didn't have any trouble at all finding them at Home Depot or Sears the
last time I was in Windsor. OTOH, if I had wanted to buy a Phillips
screwdriver in those places... I might've been out of luck. I honestly
didn't see any Phillips screwdrivers at HD, although I think Sears did
have them.

I notice that Tim Bits are now available in some areas of the USA.

Gary
Please remove XXX in email address if email reply is desired.