TURTLE

"Jake" wrote in message
news:hr2Od.39965$4I2.30328@attbi_s01...
Guy,

I am an electrician that does commercial and utility work. I am not, however,
in the DFW area.

You do need a real electrician there, it seems. If coworkers, friends or
family cannot recommend someone, I'd suggest you find a local electrical
supply house and ask the counter people there who they would recommend. These
people deal with electricians all day long... and they know the knowledgeable
ones and the dummies.

DO NOT open your breaker panel and start poking around, as it sounds like you
don't have the training or tools to be safe. While I usually respect Mr.
Meehan's comments, you should NOT attempt to tighten any "big wires" in the
panel. If they are feed lines, they will be live and touching them could kill
you unless you have properly insulated tools or pull the meter... usually
things only electricians have and do.

Cheap digital multimeters are not known for their accuracy, either. However, a
quick check (at the outlet) is to test the hot leg (the shorter of the two
prongs) and the ground prong to see if you get the same readings.

Please be safe!!!

Jake

This is Turtle.

WOW Jake , i was waiting for a Super revelation of a Diagnosis and was let down
by the reply you give. I will in the future have to just concider you as a Human
being and not a Super Electrical Sparky in the Ski. Now I do sometime have very
high expectation of people for I'm a optimist and not a ****morest. He He He 1

TURTLE