Andy R

"Steve Jones" wrote in message
Hi,

I've been buying low energy bulbs from Wilkinsons for some time now.

I've become so suspicious of there life expectancy that I started to mark
the purchase date on the base of the bulb.

I've just has one fail after five months. If it was on for 24/7 this only
amounts to 3600 hours. The bulb was in the bathroom so I'd only expect it
to be on for 4 hours/day or less. So it's failed after about 600 hours.

A standard filament bulb has a life expectancy of 1000 hours and it only
costs 20p, not two quid.

Am I just unlucky, do they really last six times longer - as advertised?

I've got various different makes around the house and although I've not
studied it to the degree you have I've noticed some big differences in life.
I've got one in the downstairs loo which I'd expected to pack up ages ago
cos it gets switched on and off umpteen times a day but still it keeps going
yet I've had others that have had very little use and die prematurely.

Ive got an ancient one on the landing which in winter gets switched on when
we get up at 6.00 in the morning and no-one ever bothers to switch it off
til the last person goes to bed at night. It's gone a bit black at the
edges and takes ages to get bright but I suspect it'll last for ever.

Rgds

Andy R