Proctologically Violated©®

I sent this a cupla days ago, but didn't see it in the rcm ng.

Those clutches are a real PITA--and can be very expensive from the factory,
altho if you hunt around you can get replacement plates pretty cheap. I
think Grand Machinery Exchange in NYC might have a lead.

In my nightmare a few years ago, there is a chromed knurled wheel at one end
of the set plates that you turn to adjust the clutch tension, if it isn't
already maxed out. You access it from the back, IIRC, by removing a small
plate. We were minimally successful, and sold the lathe as it was.

I've heard that some people just run a hardened pin thru the whole clutch
assembly, and finagle the operation, I would imagine, by having the motor
come to a complete stop after each operation.

This is why some prefer the C-C roundheads. But the squares have all those
pretty colors on the front plate!

The falling handle has gotta be a weak spring/detent. Follow the linkage.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"dcs2005" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I recently got a used Clausing Colchester 17" lathe (1978) in
pretty good shape. I'm having 2 problems with it. First the clutch
slips excessively during engagement at high spindle speeds. Second,
the clutch lever tends to fall down to neutral, i.e. it does not stay
engaged sometimes.

Does anyone have experience with adjustments for these problems?

Thanks.