Dundonald

andrewpreece wrote:

No brand recommendations I'm afraid, PVA is used for glueing wood, I

used to
use it on my model aircraft! No-nails is general purpose and rather

thick
stuff. I would not use the solvent based no-nails
under any circumstances for fine woodwork joiney as it forms an

instant skin
when exposed to air and is very thick. The water-based no-nails is

white and
is similar to PVA in many ways, but it is also designed for 'grab',

though
it is not as good as the solvent-based stuff in this effect. You do

not want
'grab' for your application, you want a gap-filling easy-flowing (

for good
penetration ) wood glue, and that is PVA. You can try the white

'no-nails'
if you like, it may be ok. You won't get a second try if it isn't

though!

Thanks for your suggestions. Looks like most people suggest PVA wood
glue and from the sounds of it rightly so. I'm no glue expert so I'm
glad I checked in to this forum for advice. Your responses are much
appreciated. If I hadn't I think I'd be using no nails and wind up
making a right mess.

Don't have a G-clamp but more than willing to go buy one if I need

it.

Not strictly necessary to get a glued joint, but probably necessary

to get
the best
joint in terms of strength and appearance.

I'll go out and buy one.

Thanks again.