DE

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:21:02 -0600, Wayne Cook
wrote:

What model engine is it. If it is a old model then there's a good
chance that aftermarket parts are available. I can look them up with
the model number.

It's a KT17QS, there were aftermarket parts until a year ago, now the
only thing available is rings in std. I've had this since '81 and
it's been a decent unit. I've been scrounging parts for the last year
off ebay. I've got a good extra sets of jugs w/pistons but they're
both for the left side. The only difference between the left and
right is the hardened seat in the exhaust valve. I figure to put a
seat in the
intake side and use it on the right side. It'll work fine. The
lower end is tight ,it just has excess blowby.

The other option is dry sleeve the old jugs, the taper is at the usual
area where it makes compression.

As to the valve seats check the size of the valve OD and seat ID. I
might have some seats that will work.

Seat ID measures 1.240 valve face 1.380 i've done this on auto
application years ago with a neway setup. I suppose it could be
farmed out but since I have this milling machine........

Seats should be made from the hardest steel possible for long life
but softer steel will work for a while.

I guess I could just use the cast seat and do valve job but I think
I would be sorry.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook