Maverick Maverick is offline
Junior Member

[quote=michele]Do any of you have experience with stacking two washers together (and
two dryers together) as opposed to the usual washer/dryer stack?

I have a small laundry room, and wanted to put the washers together at
one end of a wall, and the dryers at the other end with a few cabinets
in between for folding. Placement is mainly because of the location of
the water lines, but also on the units I've chosen (Miele) the washer
is hinged right and the dryer is hinged left. Stacking them in the
traditional way makes for a more difficult access of one of the
machines in each stack.

Michele,

In addition to the weight of a full load consider the shaking of the machine as it goes through the final spin cycle, especially if it was out of balance. Maybe you could get extra large commercial size units and use them. Not practical for small loads though. If it is possible to add a line. I think it will pay for itself. In my opinion moving wet clothes to the dryer is a task that conveniance really counts. Assuming you don't have room for a rolling cart, you will be carrying heavy loads of wet laundry across the room for years.

I lived for years with a washer and dryer in a L shape instead of side by side. Even though they were very close it was still more of a hassle and time consuming. My new house allows for side by side. What a difference.
Maverick