Mike

" wrote in message
t...
Costing the net hundreds if not thousands of dollars, Cynic said:
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:42:48 -0000, "Paul Nutteing"
wrote:

I thought aerial dimensions went to scale with the wavelength
I know an indoor FM radio aerial as a squashed loop is 5 foot long
Long wave aerials used to be the length of the garden
405 aerial was bigger than 625 aerial etc

Yes and no. *Some* aerial designs have to be a particular fraction of
the wavelength, but you will find that a LW and MW radio works just
fine with a 6 inch ferrite rod aerial instead of a 300 meter long

metre
dipole.

sorry, one of the ones that annoys me unreasonably

Both are correct spellings. 'Meter' is the preferred use on the continent
even when used in English language documents.