Paul Nutteing

"Cynic" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:54:50 -0000,
wrote:

Costing the net hundreds if not thousands of dollars, Cynic said:
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:42:48 -0000, "Paul Nutteing"
wrote:

I thought aerial dimensions went to scale with the wavelength
I know an indoor FM radio aerial as a squashed loop is 5 foot long
Long wave aerials used to be the length of the garden
405 aerial was bigger than 625 aerial etc

Yes and no. *Some* aerial designs have to be a particular fraction of
the wavelength, but you will find that a LW and MW radio works just
fine with a 6 inch ferrite rod aerial instead of a 300 meter long

metre
dipole.

sorry, one of the ones that annoys me unreasonably

Yup, me too, because I *always* get it wrong :-}

--
Cynic

This all-pervading subliminal Americanisation.
Recently on the forensic science group I was
raising matters of fundamental importance in
modern forensic science.
All they could throw back at me was my repeated
'wrong' spelling of the word they spell defense -
no technical rebuttal.

What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
http://www.nutteing2.freeservers.com/dnapr.htm
or nutteingd in a search engine

Valid email (remove 4 of the 5 dots)
Ignore any other apparent em address used to post this message -
it is defunct due to spam.