Andrew Chesters

Jeff wrote:
"Dan Gravell" wrote in message

Hi, novice diy'er/gardner here.

I want to transform my South London back yard into a rural idyll.
Currently my back yard is almost completely covered in concrete, with an
extra thick bit where a ludicruously oversized shed sits (that's going
too). I guess I want to remove this, but how do I go about it? How thick
is it likely to be? Do I need to hire a pneumatic drill or similar?

When I remove it, will I likely just have soil underneath?

Another consideration is that manhole covers and drains are built into
the concrete.

Thanks,
Dan

Been there and done that, biggest cost is the skips, large at £100 + vat, I
hired a bosch 10kg breaker and transformer which, if your concrete is thick
i.e. 4" + makes it relatively easy, wear eye protection and gloves

Regards Jeff

This will be the third reference to safety kit! In addition to goggles
& gloves, buy a pair of toe capped boots. Doing this sort of work is a
REALLY good way to trash your toes. They don't cost much, and if you
aren't doing this often will last forever, your toes will thank you.

Good boots £40.