Markus Splenius wrote:
On 8 Feb 2005 15:13:40 -0800, wrote:

I wonder why people pay premium prices for antifungal paints when

they
can just add antifungal compounds to whatever paint they wish.

The cheapest is crushed aspirin tablets. Copper compounds are
antifungal, and a longer lasting choice if something of low

solubility
is picked.

Copper compounds are blue. My ceiling is white! :-)

Brilliant white is mildly blue tinted white rather than pure white, but
the amount of copper needed is low enough not to be noticeable. Copper
compounds come in blue, reddish, black, etc.

What do you do? Just stir in some copper sulphate?

I'd use a less water soluble copper compund myself. Last time I did
this I used aspirin, but lower solubility is better, lasts much longer.
I worked out how many I'd need to get the concentration required to be
effective, powdered them, and mixed in.

If I were doing it today I'd probably just add copper filings, easier
and longer lasting.

NT