Jerry G.

Take a look inside, and see!

--

Jerry G.
=====

"dave" wrote in message
newsPqOd.106210$Jk5.56120@lakeread01...
I'm contemplating building a high frequency "arc stabilizer" box for a
welder (which I understand uses nearly all same components as a tesla
primary circuit). I'm a talented fabricator, soldering iron guy, etc.
and a superb DISmantler :-)

I have a "near endless" supply of UPS (uninterruptable power supplies)
of various types and sizes (up to and including "HUGE monsters") I could
strip for their component parts.

I'm -wondering- if they'd provide me any of the parts I'd need, like:

rectifier bridges?
doorknob capacitors?
huge diodes (with 'braid pigtails' and studs?)
SCR's?
transformers?

other than the huge batteries (which I'd leave behind) I have no -clue-
what's inside 'em...alternately, if they, generally, have no components
I could 'use' for my project, what other component parts would they
ordinarily contain that 'other guys' could use?

thanks for tips and clues :-)

box