J T

Wed, Feb 9, 2005, 9:50am (EST-3) (wch) says:
snip I don't see making it building doll furniture and selling it for
$3. snip

Hey, if you can make it fast enough and it will sell... Make 10
pieces an hour, that's $30 an hour. Not a fortune, but nothing to be
sneezed at either. Look at it as cash coming in, which at this point is
your first concern. It would be a start.

You're gonna get all sors of advice about % markup, what to charge,
and all that. Priority one for me, would be make enough per month to
pay all your bills, keep you fed, and pay for materials. Way I figure,
starting out, anything over that would be gravy. I really woudn't give
a rats ass about what i "want to make", untill I was in a positon it
could actually happen. You've got to figure out what you can make that
will actually sell, and go from there. What will sell one place, may
not sell 20 miles down the road, it's not a science.

JOAT
Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.
- David Fasold