Steven and Gail Peterson

Have you left it under tension? It can damage bearings. They can be
replaced, but it is a pain.
Steve

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:32:11 GMT, "Mark Howell"
wrote:

I was looking at my Jet 16" bandsaw and I noticed
that the upper wheel has some side play. I thought
the upper wheel should only adjust vertically for
tensioning, and pivot vertically for tracking. When
I detensioned and took the blade off, it has a
huge amount of horizontal movement. All I want
to know is if that is normal. Thanks

If you have side play without tension, I'd guess that would be normal..

Any play while under tension would be a very big problem with tracking..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing