tony sayer

Default Ceiling tiles for sound: Flexible or hard type?

In article , Dave Plowman
writes
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Www.bowller.co.uk or similar have a website with all sorts of acoustic
tiles etc thereon...

Acoustic tiles can be quite effective in modifying/improving the acoustics
of a room - that's what they're really for. I can't really see something
light enough to stick on a ceiling being much use in cutting down noise
transmission, unless it's just high frequency which is unlikely. Before
spending money, I'd want chapter and verse in their claims for this.

Well if you suspend them and fill the void with rockwool they can help
attenuate structure borne noise from above....
--
Tony Sayer