Chuck Hoffman

I recently upgraded my Craftsman table saw with an Align-a-Rip fence and,
while the manual does not call out the parts, it came with a bag full of
black 5/16-18 X 3/4 square head bolts, hex nuts and washers. The bolts
slide into the T-slot in the fence rail extrusion and are inserted thru the
bolt holes in the cast iron table (and extensions). The washers and hex
nuts are threaded onto them and tightened to hold the rail in place. Hex
head bolts will work in place of square head if you have to supply your own.

If your table saw is not a Sears, you may be on your own concerning the
mounting of the rails.

"Silvan" wrote in message
danbo wrote:

the manual so they can't tell me what I need to mount it. If anyone
has the manual or the fence and can tell me what I need (brackets,
nuts, etc) to install, I'll be most grateful.

It slides on something that bolts to the table. Bolts go through the

table,
then into "something." There's a slit along the back of the extrusion,

and
it slides over the threaded bits of the bolts, and is retained by this
"something." I can't remember if it was square head nuts, as suggested by
the other poster, or T-shaped nuts, or just regular hex nuts or what.

I'd say they were probably square in some fashion to keep them from

turning
in the groove, come to think of it, so that puts us down to square head
nuts or maybe T-shaped nuts. If you can't come up with anything else, you
could probably make something out of BORG bar stock if you have a tap and
die set and a hacksaw or similar.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/