Eric R Snow

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:08:02 -0000, "Håken"
wrote:
I think your best bet is to have it gundrilled. The machines to do
this type of drilling will be able to do the job fairly fast and so it
would not be that expensive. If you can't find a local shop to do it
then I think your best bet might be to look for plans for a home made
gun barrel drilling machine. You have two problems to deal with.
First, the axle material is probably pretty tough and so drilling a
large diameter hole would be very slow. Second, the hole is so long
that runout is a problem. You don't want the drill to come out the
side of the cannon.
ERS

A cannon bore. It is a pice of a big axle that is going to be drilled and
machined to a cannon that is 1 metre long.

"Eric R Snow" skrev i melding
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:47:56 -0000, "Håken"
wrote:

anyone got some information on how to make deep drilling tool?

The OD needs to be 40mm and lenght 1meter.

What are you drilling? That needs to be known before the correct drill
can be described.
ERS