Dave Hinz

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:48:18 -0000, Håken wrote:
I am well aware of the dangers around blackpowder...

I'm glad to hear that.

And the wall of the barrel will be at least 40mm thick, maybe a little
overkill but better safe than sorry....

I have a catalog of castings for cannon barrels, they are very
expensive and heavy and in the USA, but maybe there is an online source
that you could look at to get confirmation that your design is good?

If you want, I can get the name of that catalog tonight. Reproduction
US Civil War stuff mainly, but also historical designs going back
a few centuries. What type of cannon are you building? Also,
I'm curious - is this a restricted item in Norway? I've got a friend
(fourth-cousin actually) with an _amazing_ collection but I have the
feeling he is very licensed and regulated.

Dave Hinz