bumtracks

its probably somethin real simple.
wood got wet and warped a little maybe,
spray it with wd40 to disperse the moisture
and if that doesn't unwarp it grease the zerks real good.

wrote in message
I bought an antique electric step ladder at an antique store. The
cord was frayed and I could see bare copper right where the cord
entered the wooden leg of the ladder. I cut the cord off right at
that point, taped the old wires well, and soldered the new cord on to
the old wires and taped them real well.

When I plug it in, I can see that the LED pilot light lights up, and I
think I can hear a slight hum if I listen real closely, but ladder
will not lift me. I thought it was my weight, since I weigh over
300lbs, and my wife is heavier that me, so I put the dog on the ladder
and it still would not lift him, and he is only about 50lbs.

I even pushed the release button on the paint can shelf, expecting it
to automatically open, and it did nothing. This is very
disappointing, because I paid good money for this thing.

Any ideas?

Harold