Fred

NEAT IDEA!

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:01:40 GMT, Grandpa Koca wrote:

jj3000 wrote:
What is the best way to repair a hole in the wall that was punched in
by a door handle?

My first thought is to use those steel mesh things that you just
adhere over the area, mud, sand and texture.

Recently I also learned that you can cut out a square/rectangle and
install a piece of replacement sheetrock held by "instabacks" - those
brackets that allow you to anchor sheetrock adjacent to sheetrock. Or
use a couple pieces of wood behind the wall might work for this
purpose also. The problem would then be I have to mud and tape 4
sides which I'm not the best at. I have tried this in the garage and
looks decent but I'm not sure if I am up for it for inside the house.
Or maybe this technique might be better for bigger holes.

So I am thinking that with my skills.. the mesh patches might blend in
better rather than being able to see a subtle rectangular repair.

What's is your opinion?

Best solution I've tried:
http://www.knobnest.com/
Even lets the door open just a little wider too.
Plus, you don't have to match mud texture and paint.